REGULAR MEETING of January 27, 2021
1/27/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
JANUARY 27, 2021
Borough Assembly Chambers
VISION: Educating and empowering students to be leaders, critical thinkers, and problem solvers.
MISSION: Together we foster an educational culture of academic excellence, meaningful connections, and nurturing environments to maximize every student's unique potential.
The Board of Education would like to respectfully acknowledge the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of December 11, 2020; Claims of January 8, 2021; Claims of January 25, 2021.
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT including:
- Student Board Member
- KCS Annual Report
- Any Other Director Reports
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
a. Motion to revise Board Policy 5141.52 - Suicide Prevention in first reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of December 9, 2020.
b. Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of December 10, 2020.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve an out of state travel request for a Kayhi band trip to New York City in spring 2023.
b. Motion to approve the revised 2020-2021 school year calendar.
c. Motion to approve the receipt of additional COVID relief funds in the amount of $1,955,491.
d. Motion to approve a teaching contract for Adam Rosenlund for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Review of proposed 2021-2022 school year calendar
- School District staff and the COVID vaccine
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., February 10, 2021 6 p.m., Assembly Chambers
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education