REGULAR MEETING of July 14, 2021
7/14/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
July 14, 2021
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Sarah Campbell, Peace Teachers Program (United States Institute of Peace)
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of June 25, 2021; Claims of June 30, 2021; Claims of July 9, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of June 16, 2021.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of June 23, 2021.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of July 1, 2021.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract to Geoffrey Frix.
- Motion to approve the offer of a teaching contract to Jaysel Señires.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve an administrative contract with Derek Meister as the Director of Special Education.
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., August 11, 2021
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education