REGULAR MEETING of February 10, 2021
2/10/2021 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
FEBRUARY 10, 2021
* Held virtually via WebEx and streamed live at www.kgbak.us/meeting.videos
VISION: Educating and empowering students to be leaders, critical thinkers, and problem solvers.
MISSION: Together we foster an educational culture of academic excellence, meaningful connections, and nurturing environments to maximize every student's unique potential.
The Board of Education would like to respectfully acknowledge the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Proclamation for Teen Dating Violence Awareness & Prevention Month
- **CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of February 5, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT including:
- Student Board Member
- Point Higgins Elementary School report
- ***PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
a. Motion to approve revised Board Policy 5141.52 - Suicide Prevention in second reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of January 27, 2021.
b. Motion to approve the emergency special meeting minutes of February 4, 2021.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve a sabbatical leave request from Todd Henke.
b. Motion to approve the district calendar for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Initial FY 22 budget discussion
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Special School Board Meeting - Thurs., February 11, noon, via WebEx
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., February 24, 2021, 6 p.m.
- Ketchikan Charter School worksession - date and time to be determined
*To view the meeting: 1) Install WebEx on your iPad, smart phone or computer. The WebEx meeting number is: Event Number: 187 119 9336; Event Password: #SocialDistance6 2) Livestream via www.kgbak.us/meeting.videos; or 3) view on local KPU television.
**Public Comment: Written public comment to be read aloud at the meeting should be submitted to the Board Clerk at Kerry.Watson@k21schools.org. Those wishing to speak during citizen remarks** or the policy hearing*** via WebEx need to call 247-2142 or email at to the above address by 1 p.m. on Feb. 10 to sign up. Please call the above number for further information on participation.
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education