CANCELLED - REGULAR MEETING of January 13, 2021
1/13/2021 6:00:00 PM
THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELLED
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
JANUARY 13, 2021
Borough Assembly Chambers
VISION: Educating and empowering students to be leaders, critical thinkers, and problem solvers.
MISSION: Together we foster an educational culture of academic excellence, meaningful connections, and nurturing environments to maximize every student's unique potential.
The Board of Education would like to respectfully acknowledge the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS - including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION – Claims of December 11, 2020; Claims of January 8, 2021.
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT including:
- Student Board Member
- KCS Annual Report
- Any Other Director Report
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
a. Motion to revise Board Policy 5141.52 - Suicide Prevention in first reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of December 9, 2020.
b. Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of December 10, 2020.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve an out of state travel request for a Kayhi band trip to New York City in spring 2023.
b. Motion to approve the revised 2020-2021 school year calendar.
- DISCUSSION - No items listed.
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., January 27, 2021 6 p.m., Assembly Chambers
The Board reserves the right to enter into executive session at any time as and to the extent provided for by AS 44.62.310 (the Public Meetings Act) and Board Bylaw 9321 (Executive Sessions).
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education