BUSINESS MEETING and WORKSESSION of June 22, 2022
6/22/2022 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Regular Meeting and Worksession
Wednesday, JUNE 22, 2022
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- CITIZEN REMARKS - (Per Board Bylaw 9323, each individual speaker will be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes.)
- ACTION ITEMS
- Review and consideration of a complaint concerning instructional materials regarding Southeast Traditional Tribal Values.
- Motion to approve teaching contracts for the 2022-2023 school year with the following certificated individuals: Vance Churchwell, Heather Gause, Carissa Gibson, Sarah Hamilton, Misty Hancock, Shelley Hewitt, Tyson Hewitt, Alyssa Howell, Allison Londregan, Tyler Martin, Sara Orozco, Kieran Romero, Anne Schuerger, and Hadlee Simonson
- Motion to approve Resolution #22-04, an annual authorization of district bank accounts and authorized signers.
- WORK SESSION - Worksessions are public meetings and public members may participate at the invitation of the Board President. Worksessions may be conducted as necessary to study and review, in depth, matters that may be discussed at future regular or special meetings. Topics on the agenda are for discussion purposes only and no motions will be made or actions taken on these items during the worksession. No minutes are taken at worksessions. (Board Bylaw 9320)
- Board self-evaluation
- Board goal setting
- Superintendent evaluation process
- BOARD COMMENTS
Business Meeting and Worksession of the Board