REGULAR MEETING of February 23, 2022
2/23/2022 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
FEBRUARY 23, 2021
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month Proclamation; District spelling bee; Debate state tournament
- CITIZEN REMARKS - (Per Board Bylaw 9323, each individual speaker will be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes.)
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - Claims of February 18, 2022.
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT:
- Student Member's Report
- Fawn Mountain Elementary School Report
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of January 31, 2022.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of February 9, 2022.
- Motion to approve the special meeting minutes of February 10, 2022.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve a contract with Michael Robbins as Superintendent of Schools.
- Motion to approve a sabbatical leave for Peter Stanton.
- Motion to amend the COVID risk mitigation plan.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - Regarding labor negotiations with the Technology Staff Labor Organization (TSLO), a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district as provided for by Board Bylaw 9321 and AS 44.62.310.
- OPPORTUNITY FOR ACTION regarding the negotiations with the Technology Staff Labor Organization.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - To review findings of the investigation of February 5, 2022, a matter which by law, municipal charter, or ordinance is required to be confidential; and a matter involving consideration of government records that by law are not subject to public disclosure.
- AASB Spring Boardsmanship and Legislative Fly-In
- Review of Administrative positions
- Drug abuse/overdose issues
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- AASB Legislative Zoom opportunity - 4 p.m. Thurs., February 24, 2022.
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - 6 p.m. Wed., March 9, 2022
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education