REGULAR MEETING of March 23, 2022
3/23/2022 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
MARCH 23, 2022
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan, the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS - (Per Board Bylaw 9323, each individual speaker will be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes.)
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - Claims of March 18, 2022.
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT:
- Student Member's Report
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Bylaw 9320 - Meetings in second reading.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 5141 - Health Care and Emergencies in second reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of March 9, 2022.
- Motion to approve the offering of administrative contracts for the 2022-2023 school year.
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion to approve the purchase of security cameras and associated items for Kayhi.
- Motion to approve a multi-year contract with Ketchikan Public Utilities for internet services.
- Drug abuse/overdose issues
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., April 13, 2022
- Government to government meeting with KIC- March 30, 2022, 5:30 p.m. KIC Tribal Council chambers
- Worksession with First Alaskans (tentatively May 4, 2022)
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education