Regular Meeting of December 11, 2019
12/11/2019 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
December 11, 2019
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALLTO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
a. Committees: Policy; Safety; Native Education
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - November 15, 2019 and November 27, 2019
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT including
a. Ketchikan Charter School Annual Report
b. Directors' Reports
c. Student Board Member's Report
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the approve the regular meeting minutes of November 13, 2019.
b. Motion to approve out of state travel for two Kayhi students to attend a Northwest Honor Choir event in Spokane, Washington.
8. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion to approve the revised FY 20 budget.
b. Motion to ratify a negotiated contract with the Special Services Professionals of Ketchikan.
c. Motion to approve a Memorandum of Understanding with Ketchikan Indian Community.
d. Motion in regards to the January 2020 School Board meeting schedule.
a. Future Board goal setting work session
b. Future work session with Charter Schools
c. Filling the permanent Superintendent position
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- BOARD COMMENTS
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - For the purpose of discussions with legal counsel on pending legal and administrative proceedings. The executive session discussions are appropriate as provided by BP 9321.00 and AS 44.62.310,
- ADVANCED PLANNING
a. Media Contact: TBD
b. Next School Board Meeting: 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, January 8, 2020 (unless changed by Board action - see 9d.)
c. Joint worksession with Borough Assembly: 3 p.m. Friday, January 17, 2020
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education