REGULAR MEETING of January 12, 2022
1/12/2022 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
JANUARY 12, 2022
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
The Board of Education respectfully acknowledges the traditional first people of this land in Ketchikan,
the Tongass Tlingit people.
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION
- CITIZEN REMARKS - (Per Board Bylaw 9323, each individual speaker will be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes.)
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS including any Committee Reports
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - Claims of: December 23, 2021
- SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT including:
- Student Member's Report
- Ketchikan Charter School Annual Report
- **PUBLIC HEARING - POLICY** - Procedure (1) Citizens may give public comment regarding the subject of the hearing; (2) the public hearing is closed; (3) opportunity for Board discussion and decision.
- Motion to approve revisions to Board Policy 4030 - Nondiscrimination in Employment in second reading.
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
- Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of December 15, 2021.
- Motion to approve out-of-state travel for the baseball team to travel to a baseball spring training in Florida.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS (or transferred consent calendar items)
- NEW BUSINESS
- Motion regarding a request from the Tongass School of Arts and Sciences APC for autonomy from the district's COVID protocol, to be more restrictive.
- Motion to approve the Emergency Connectivity Fund award in the amount of $384,051.20.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - Regarding a student disciplinary matter in which the Board is acting as an adjudicatory body performing a quasi-judicial function, as provided for by Board Bylaw 9321 and AS 44.62.310.
- ACTION regarding the student disciplinary matter #22-01.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION - Regarding labor negotiations with the Technology Labor Staff Organization (TLSO), a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district as provided for by Board Bylaw 9321 and AS 44.62.310.
- School Board self-assessment
- Drug abuse/overdose issues
- BOARD COMMENTS
- ADVANCE PLANNING
- Board Member Volunteer for Media Contact
- Next Regular School Board Meeting - Wed., January 26, 2022
- Dates to meet with TSAS and KCS APCs
- Superintendent search - application review
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education