REGULAR MEETING of October 23, 2019
10/23/2019 6:00:00 PM
KETCHIKAN GATEWAY BOROUGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
October 23, 2019
Ketchikan Gateway Borough Assembly Chambers
- CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE, ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC RECOGNITION - Red Ribbon Week; Principal Recognition Month
- CITIZEN REMARKS
- INFORMATION AND REPORTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS
a. Policy Committee
- CLAIMS FOR INFORMATION - October 18, 2019
- SUPERINTENDENT REPORT including
a. Directors' Reports
b. Student Board Member's Report
- CONSENT CALENDAR - Matters listed under the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If a Board member requests discussion, that item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered under Unfinished Business.
a. Motion to approve the regular meeting minutes of October 9, 2019.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
a. Motion for formal adoption of the Health Insurance Task Force recommendations.
b. Motion to approve a supplemental transfer into the Health Insurance Reserve Fund.
a. Board Policy 6146.1 - High School Graduation Requirement
b. Board Committee Assignments
c. MOU from Ketchikan Indian Community
11. CITIZEN REMARKS
12. BOARD COMMENTS
13. EXECUTIVE SESSION - Regarding negotiations with the Special Service Providers - a matter the immediate knowledge of which would clearly have an adverse effect upon the finances of the school district.
- ADVANCED PLANNING
a. Media Contact:
b. Agenda Setting for November 13, 2019 meeting: 4:30 p.m., Monday, November 4, 2019
c. Next School Board Meeting: 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Regular Meeting of the Board of Education